Plug n’ Play and More
Tungsten Fabric is a plugin integration overachiever, never implementing the bare minimum. While TF can be used standalone, it’s normally integrated through its API as a plugin to another orchestrator like Kubernetes, OpenStack, OpenShift, Mesos, or VMware vSphere. Thanks for your patience while we migrate from OpenContrail to TF documentation.
Need an overview or technology deep dive?
Kubernetes, CNI and OpenShift features:
- Option to run TF in Kubernetes with or without Helm
- Replace kube-proxy with faster vRouter and add Service type LoadBalancer and Ingress on any infrastructure, any cloud
- Implements NetworkPolicy and option of layered security or same security policies without developers writing Kubernetes NetworkPolicy objects, providing simpler DevOps and better infosec control and audit
- Option of Namespace isolation and per-microservice microsegmentation with choice of TF tenants, networks or security rules
- Additional IPAM, overlapping IP pools, floating IPs, and containers with multiple network interfaces
- Run Kubernetes or OpenShift on OpenStack with a single—not a nested—TF control and data plane
OpenStack Neutron features:
- Heat template automation for TF features
- Implements LBaaS
- Implements service chaining with VM lifecycle management and scaling
- Neutron ML2 option